Crystal System Dressage – Chapter 1
LAUNCH DATE 30th NOVEMBER 2015
Phew! I have never been one for taking things to the wire. I am a planner by nature but getting this book to you before Christmas has challenged me.
The launch date is set for 30th November 2015 and on the lead up to the big date I will be sharing with you snippets of The Crystal System Book (in condensed form) to give you a feel for what to expect and help you decide how it might help you.
Let’s kick off with Chapter 1 explaining the format of the book and what you can expect from the system.
Really, hope you like it …
Meet Crystal …
It is with great pleasure that in Chapter 1 I introduce you to Crystal, a cartoon character, illustrated by yours truly, inspired by Mark’s very own Lusitano mare, Sintra. She will lighten your spirits and inject a little fun along the way!
Each chapter has a motivational quotation at the beginning, which reflects the content of the chapter and sets the mood.
- DRIVE – The 1st stage of the system helps you look at the driving force behind what makes you want to do dressage.
- DREAM – Then we help you to determine what you want from the process.
- DEFINE – The 3rd stage helps you to define where you are currently in terms of your physical fitness and ability as a rider.
- DISCOVER – The discovery phase comes in two parts:
- Clarity in Your Thinking. The Crystal System will encourage you to think about your training; help you to work out how to go about it and put you into the right mind-set to make the most of your training sessions.
- The Beauty in Your Body. A top to toe analysis of you as a rider will help you to identify any difficulties you might have in manoeuvring yourself into that often elusive, effective position on your horse.
- DO – The final stage gives you exercises, hints and tips to take into the arena. Everything you need to enable a self-check that the training process is on the right track as you progress up the training ladder. A useful checking mechanism to get you started or consolidate the work you have already done.
” … The Discipline of Dressage – Throughout the entire Crystal System process you will need to embrace another ‘D’ word – Discipline. Discipline is the bridge between your goals and accomplishment of them; the thread that holds the pieces of the training together; the silk that forms your spider’s web.”
” … Being Disciplined in Dressage – The second level use of the word discipline relates to a course of actions leading to certain goals or ideals. A disciplined person is one that has established a goal and is willing to achieve that goal no matter what occurs and it is discipline that enables the assertion of willpower over more base desires, usually synonymous with self-control. Self-discipline is to some extent a substitute for motivation, when you do what needs to be done and do that even when you don’t feel like doing it, that’s when you have a healthy level of self-control.”
Next time, we’ll look at Chapter 2 and delve deeper into what is driving you to do this passion of ours.
Patricia – The Dressage Tipster
Oh my, I love Crystal’s expression 🙂 and I am curious now – what more will we find out in your book? 😉
Having just got into dressage about eight months ago after being a happy hacker for the last 19 years, I can totally relate to all you say and am looking forward to reading the book when it is released at the end of the month. Will it be available on Amazon?
Hi Tracey, Yes hopefully you can get a copy on Amazon, I have added you to the list of enquirers so I will email you when it is available and how to get a copy. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Px